Americans have been fighting overt political attacks on their right to keep and bear arms for years. Working through the National Rifle Association, Gun Owners of America and other pro-gun membership organizations they have successfully defeated some of the more blatant recent legislative efforts. Unfortunately, those political victories are preventing people from understanding the true nature of the total war that is being waged against them. That war is not being fought in the political arena and the pro-freedom side is losing, one battle at a time.
The private ownership of firearms is the last remaining pillar of the original American Culture. It is a powerful symbol of a defiant people's independence. Collectivists understand that they will fail unless it is destroyed. That is why every element of establishment culture has been deployed in a total war to demonize firearms and marginalize gun owners. The entire campaign of lies and deceit is intended to create the false impression that a mass outpouring of public support for citizen disarmament exists when, as record sales of guns and ammunition demonstrate, the exact opposite is true. Consider the cumulative effect of the insane bilge being relentlessly hammered into public consciousness.
- Elementary Schools: Children are routinely suspended for:
- Playfully pointing a finger and saying "bang".
- Bringing tiny (less than one inch long) plastic GI Joe guns to school.
- Drawing pictures of a firearm.
- Chewing a piece of lunch pizza into the shape of a gun.
- The leadership of the American Medical Association, over the vociferous objections of many members, officially endorsed and actively supports Senator Dianne Feinstein's efforts to ban "assault weapons".
- Not to be outdone, the leadership of the American Academy of Pediatrics goes far beyond merely supporting firearms bans. It actively encourages parents to prohibit their children from visiting friends whose parents own firearms. Physicians are encouraged to frighten parents with false statistics that conflate the very few (and declining) numbers of genuine accidental child deaths with gang-related murders of teenage gangbangers common to Obama's Chicago and other metropolitan population centers universally governed by anti-gun politicians.
- Despite Congressional prohibitions, the Obama Administration continues attempts to have Center for Disease Control treat the private ownership of firearms as a "public health issue."
- National and Local News Media:
- "News" rooms consistently report shootings as "gun violence" as though a firearm somehow committed the crime. "Knife violence" or "club violence" is never reported.
- Semi-automatic rifles are repeatedly and falsely described as "assault rifles."
- Anti-gun groups are routinely given "air time" and their spokesmen are sought out for comment at every opportunity.
- The Legal System:
- Courts routinely impose additional punishment if a killer uses a firearm to dispatch a victim instead of a knife, a club, or a Molotov cocktail. Apparently our judges, prosecutors, legislators and other legal geniuses somehow believe that burning to death is preferable to dying from a gunshot wound.
- Under the umbrella of the Justice Department's "Operation Choke Point", American banks are terminating long standing accounts of Gun Stores and otherwise blocking access to banking services in a naked and illegal attempt to drive them out of business. TD Bank, The Bank of America, Chase Bank, and BankUnited, NA are known to have terminated established banking relationships with Gun Stores.
The lesson to be taken from this is that it is no longer enough for freedom's supporters to join a pro-Gun lobbying organization and write impassioned letters to Senators and Members of Congress. We must fight them wherever and whenever we are attacked or freedom will be lost!
By the way, if you are a Second Amendment supporter who thinks you are unaffected because you don't eat at any of these restaurants, think again. This isn't about whether or not you can carry at Sonic. You are not the target of this campaign. The targets are the millions of people who do not own guns but who might be persuaded that the anti-gun position must be reasonable--because responsible business leaders don't want guns in their businesses. These business leaders are enabling the collectivist anti-gun campaign and they must be made to feel the consequences. Should even one business be persuaded to rescind a much publicized gun ban, freedom will have been served.
If the content of this post makes sense to you, please take the following steps:
- Post a link to this page (http://gatetoliberty.blogspot.com) on every pro-Second Amendment, gun friendly, and pro-freedom forum or discussion web site to which you have access that will permit it.
- Write, call, or e-mail the CEOs of the restaurants that just enacted bans at the contact addresses and telephone numbers shown below. Tell them that you will not patronize their locations until they withdraw their ill-considered and unjustifiable anti-gun policies. Given the thin operating margins of restaurants, a decision by gun owners to choose other dining accommodations has the potential to be very effective. Be firm but respectful. Use your own language or consider using the following content:
- Dear X:
Although I respect your right to control access to your own premises, gun owners also have rights. I'm writing to advise you that I will not patronize any of your locations until your anti-gun policies have been publically withdrawn and I will encourage my friends and family to avoid your locations as well.
To satisfy the irrational demands of an ill-informed minority, you have alienated millions of law abiding potential customers and placed your patrons and employees at risk. You have effectively extended an invitation to criminals who now know their depredations will not face opposition. You would be well advised to research the 1991 massacre at Luby's Restaurant which resulted in the deaths of 23 people.
Address your communications to the following people and addresses:
J. Clifford Hudson
President and Chief Executive OfficerSONIC Corporate Headquarters
300 Johnny Bench Drive
Oklahoma City, OK 73104
CEO and President
Quality Dining, Inc.
Attn: Chili's Grill & Bar
4220 Edison Lakes Parkway
Mishawaka, IN 46545
Montgomery F. Moran
Chief Executive Officer
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc.
1401 Wynkoop St Suite 500
Denver, CO 80202
Should you choose to make your contact by e-mail, consider embedding the YouTube video of Susan Gratia Hupp's powerful and absolutely irrefutable Congressional testimony at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sEYGcXSmpQ.
Best wishes and keep up the good fight!
This site is not affiliated with any political party. Its goals are to advocate for individual liberty, traditional morality, and domestic peace and to resist all forms of tyranny and statism. Please bookmark this link, forward it to others, and return often. Thank you for your interest.